Battle Royale is back. It’s time to return to the island and kill your friends, because the cult Japanese movie that defines twisted action and sickening violence is ready to shock you all over again.
In a world where teenagers have no respect and adults are losing control there can be only one solution: Battle Royale! Now, see what happens when you let a high school class loose on an island, arm them and then give them a simple choice... Kill your friends or have them kill you; with poison, cross-bows, machetes and dynamite. ‘Beat’ Takeshi Kitano (Violent Cop, Zatoichi) is a teacher pushed to the edge by his unruly charges. Kidnapped and gassed, his class wake up with exploding metal rings around their necks. If they rebel, they could lose their heads. Now they have three days and only one is permitted to survive this grisly battle to the death.
Directed by the master of 70s Yakuza thrillers Kinji Fukasaku and featuring Kill Bill star Chiaki Kuriyama, Battle Royale is the movie that helped to define extreme Asian cinema in the 21st Century.
|Display Formats:||Aspect Ratio 1.78:1|
|Certification:||IFCO 18, BBFC 18|
|Sound Format/Language:||Dolby Digital 2.0 (Japanese), Dts Sound 5.1 (Japanese)|
|Region Code:||B (Europe, Australia, New Zealand)|
- Reversible sleeve containing original artwork
- Collector’s booklet by Tom Mes, author of ‘The Midnight Eye Guide to New Japanese Film’ illustrated with stills, artwork and a printed interview with director Kinji Fukasaku
- Brand new restored transfer in glorious high definition 1080p of both films
- Brand new subtitle translation on both features
- Original theatrical trailer
- The making of Battle Royale: The Experience of 42 High School Students
More by Takeshi Kitano
More by Kinji Fukasaku
More by Tatsuya Fujiwara
|See All||See All||See All||See All|